or I would have been in for a seriously rude awakening. Haven's birth was very smooth and easy in comparison with his! Not only was delivery about 30 times easier, but recovery is going better as well. I'm sore and exhausted, of course, but nothing like I was with Noah. Poor buddy. It's not his fault he was such a bruiser and sent me into such a tailspin.
Nights with Haven are harder than days but at least we're getting some shut-eye. She sleeps really well during the day and usually has a wakeful period late at night. Once we finally get her down around 11 or 12, we're able to snag two to three hours of sleep at a time, which really isn't too bad.
Breastfeeding is going much much better this time around. She was even able to latch on in the delivery room. We had a rough patch at the very beginning, but generally it's going fantastically well. She nurses great, she's having the right number of wets and dirties, so we know she's getting nourishment. My milk came in yesterday and I'm feeling it, but it's not too unbearable. The initial tenderness is passing now, so I don't feel like screaming every time she latches. Noah is very curious about the whole nursing process. We've explained it to him and he just accepts it for what it is - it's how Haven gets her supper.
She had her 4-day weigh-in yesterday and she looks great. She was born at 7 lbs 6 oz, left the hospital at 6 lbs 13 oz, and she's already back up at 7 lbs 2 oz. She has no signs of jaundice or any of the other common newborn problems. She's just perfect!
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment