Seriously, it does feel like I only get around to it every few months. Sorry, peeps! Especially those of you (Mom) who are far away and would really like to read and see what is going on in our life here. I'll try to get a bunch of pictures up over the next couple of days.
So, let's see here. Noah is 2 and 1/2 years old and talks like he's about 7. He keeps the hilarity level high in the house. Yesterday he told me Haven couldn't talk yet because her tongue was too little. He's also suggested that we plant her outside so she can grow into a big flower. And he's picked up a lovely habit from me - starting his sentences with a long drawled out "Well..." Very funny to hear that come out of a two year old's mouth. He can count and sing songs and remember rhymes. He has his daddy's elephant memory. He's sort of learning to identify letters (although he always calls letters numbers; not sure where that mix-up happened) and he's learning the words "rewards" and "consequences."
He still refuses to sit down in the bath for some weirdo reason, but we've made some very very very small steps toward potty training. He has yet to actually go in the potty, but he's sat on it a couple of times without freaking out. We're taking it s-l-o-w. I'm about to stock up on stickers and M&Ms and when we see a few more signs of readiness, it's ON.
Haven is 4 months old. I canNOT believe it's already been four months. She smiles constantly (started really smiling around a month and a half) and has this funny gaspy laugh especially if you tickle her chest. She weighs about 15 pounds and is 24 inches long now. She loves being around people. The other day, Danny was talking to her and turned away for a moment and she started fussing. He said, "Wow you really like to have someone looking at you, huh?" And then he said, "You're gonna be like your mama." I was in the room and naturally got defensive: "I like to have people look at me?!" He protested vigorously, "No, no, no. I mean, she's going to be really social."
She loves to sit up and she insists on being carried facing out so she can see where we're headed. She's not quite rolling over yet, but she's getting pretty close. She gets on her side and wiggles around an awful lot. So it won't be long. The first step toward mobility. Yikes. Someone stop her!
She sleeps all the way through the night about half the time, for which I am grateful. All the time would be better, but I refuse to complain for fear of God deciding to teach me patience and peace through nighttime trials. She LOVES to chew on her toes, particularly her right big toe. It's the tastiest.
I'm sure there are many more milestones for both kiddos but I can't think of them right now. Now I start the long process of uploading gobs of pictures. Enjoy!
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Take my advice, don't bother trying to potty train Noah until he is at least 3 yrs. old. Most boys just aren't ready to potty train until then. I couldn't get Evan potty trained until he was 3 years, 11 months old. He will let you know when he is ready.
Haven is growing so much. Duh! What else would she be doing? It doesn't seem like it's been that long since Thanksgiving, tho! She is so cute. Her eyes are so big and expressive.
And I enjoyed Noah's "Bud Roll" sayings~~he is so hillarious!
Post a Comment