It's not colic! There for a while Noah was really cranky and crying all the time (and I was losing it). We were afraid we had a colicky baby. But the pediatrician diagnosed him with reflux and prescribed baby zantac. The last several days have been really good. I think the meds have finally made his belly feel better and it's made a huge difference to all three of us. Either the meds helped, he finished a growth spurt, or we're getting better at parenting. Whatever the cause, he's a happier baby and we're a happier family.
He's beginning to sleep longer at night, three to four hours at a time, which means we get two or three hours of sleep in a row. I thought that would never happen again. Of course, the more sleep I get, it seems the more I need. I'm actually starting to believe those people who keep saying we'll sleep through the night someday.
Noah's beginning to smile and gurgle and interact now and it's really exciting. It's like he's acknowledging us now - it makes all the headache/heartache of the last five weeks worth it. Nursing is going a lot better for both of us. He still fights me a little when I latch him, but I think I've just gotten used to it. It's not sending me into tears anymore. Overall, we're doing really well and I hope and pray this is for good and not just a temporary lull. Thanks for all the calls, emails, and prayers when we were having such a hard time. We appreciate it - keep 'em coming!
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment