Thursday, July 3, 2008

Progress Report

Noah is now 12 days old and doing well. The photo above shows what we spend a lot of our time doing. He needs the suckling, but I don't want to introduce a paci until breastfeeding is really well established. So Danny and I are human pacifiers, especially around 1 a.m.

The first week was really rough. Between trying to recover from delivering a 9 lb baby, getting zero sleep, and struggling with breastfeeding, I was a basketcase. Danny basically held me together, even when he was exhausted from the late nights. (Noah has his days and nights crossed.)

We visited a lactation expert several times and nursing is finally beginning to go a lot smoother. I nearly gave up, but with Danny's constant support, I stuck it out and I'm so glad I did. Noah and I are both doing a lot better at it. The bruiser has an appetite. Now I know how milk cows feel!

He's a very good baby. He doesn't cry a whole lot, although when he does, he can really wail. He sleeps great and we hope we can get him switched to sleeping great at night instead of during the day. He's a bit of a spitter, but we can live with that. He makes the funniest faces and sounds - we could sit and stare at him for hours. He is absolutely delightful. We are so very very blessed.

No comments: