It's hard to believe Noah's already four and a half months old. Sure doesn't feel like it's been that long. He had his four-month checkup a couple of weeks ago and he was doing fine (other than a persistent cold). He is 18 1/4 pounds and 26 1/4 inches long - in the 95th percentile for weight and 90th for length. He's a big ol' boy. The pediatrician said he could start solids if we want him to, but that we can wait a couple more months if we like. Noah might be ready, but I'm not. I don't want him to be grown up enough for real food - plus, his meals don't take any prep work right now. Is that lazy of me? I'm thinking we might starting trying a little cereal after we get back from our Thanksgiving trip.
We took our first overnighter with him. We went to a revival in Kansas City. He handled the three hours in the car relatively well, although the ride made me realize those 10 hours to Texas for Thanksgiving are gonna be rough! Sleeping in a strange place went okay, although we were up a lot more than normal. I'm not used to sleeping in the same room with him and I woke up every time he breathed hard. That's motherhood for you.
Noah still wakes up once in the middle of the night and once in the early morning to nurse. Sometimes he even wakes up in between and needs to be soothed back to sleep. I know all the experts say this is about the age you start letting them get themselves back to sleep, but I just can't stand to listen to him cry, especially in the middle of the night. I'm probably setting a dangerous precedent by rocking him to sleep all the time, but I can't seem to help it. One, I love that cuddle time as he's falling asleep and two, I don't want him to think we're not going to come when he calls. It would be nice if he'd start sleeping through the night... any body have any advice?
Except for that pesky congestion that keeps hanging on, Noah is doing super duper. He laughs and smiles and makes funny sounds all day long. He even tries to blow raspberries and make kissy sounds. It's really cute. He's started doing this thing where he kicks his right leg really hard to make a loud thump. DJ's started calling him Thumper. He did it in the bath yesterday and splashed me real good. He's a delight. We're so happy and so grateful for our wonderful family.
God bless.
Leave a comment for us.
Ciao!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I think I may have posted my comment to this post on the wrong post. if so.. sorry LOL
Post a Comment